Slobberdogblog

Slobberdogblog
Our Hero Slobberdog!

Monday, May 24, 2010

SNAKES ALIVE!

Hey guys! Please can we have more followers?

Thank you Sallie for your message. We were so happy we laughed and said … Yeah we wanna come back!  But Mom says we have to wait till we earn some money. But she doesn’t know how much it is to come back.

So, here is the news from last week:

Last Sunday night, I had already brushed my teeth and said my prayers and was just dozing off to sleep, when suddenly my eyes sprang open. YIKES! I had forgotten to pump. We have to pump our water up to the house from the borehole. If we don’t pump, we don’t have water in the morning. Then I am in big trouble, because it's my job. Especially with my biggest brother, Rhys. He can be very mean. So, I was so scared because it was pitch dark outside.  But then I thought that my brother, Kay was going to come with me. But he said … “I am not going to the pump! Forget it!” So I went.  I stepped one foot outside and heard a voice say “Kill that boy!”  I screamed and ran to my Mom and asked if I could use the big torch.  By then my brother Benjamin came to my Mom's room laughing his head off.  He was the one who said “Kill that boy!”  I actually wanted to kill HIM!

I called my other brother, Erin and he came to pump with me. We were so scared that we went passed the security guard and asked him if he would come with us. He said yes, and so he walked with us.  Erin was very scared, so I was piggy-backing him.  I got very tired because he was shivering and his teeth were chattering on my neck. But then he got too heavy. So I said, “You weigh a ton, Erin. Get off my back!” So Erin got off. All of a sudden I felt some wiggly woggly smooth warmish something under my foot. Then the security guard told us to jump to the other side and shine the torch on the floor. When we did, we saw the rinkals! A rinkals is a poisoness South African snake.

I got so scared!  Erin was terrified!  But he didn't say anything.  He just stood there with big eyes.  But I was jumping and wanted to jump on the Security Guard’s back. I was screaming “Pick me up! Pick me up! Oh my God, pick me up!”  But the Security Guard said, “Get off me.  I am not going to pick you up.” So he shouted and called the other Security Guard. The two of them killed the snake with a fire stick.

Because we were so terrified, we did not want to go forward to pump.  The security guard said “Go home. I will pump for you.” So we ran home so fast.  I fell down on the ground once or twice, but I was up again in no time.  We flew home.  I was so glad when I shut that door behind.  I thanked God so many times for saving my life!


The next day Mommy said I should see if the snake is still there.  She wanted to take a picture for Slobberdogblog!  Here it is:

KAY'S NEWS
 
My news is very sad.  I haven't been able to think about anything else since it happened.


I have a friend at school, his name is Jonathan. He is quite a naughty boy and he is not a real close friend. Last week Friday he brought a bottle of alcohol to school. We are not allowed to do that. I saw steam coming out of his hair and he was being silly and weird. Everybody was laughing at him and he was making silly jokes. When my teacher called his name, he said, “I am not Jonathan. I am Jonathan’s twin.”

I asked my teacher if I could go to the bathroom. I was walking on the corridor back from the bathroom. I saw my friend, Jonathan, falling down the stairs. I asked him “Jonathan, what’s wrong?” Then I saw blood on the side of his mouth and on his eye. When I looked up I saw his huge Dad coming down the stairs looking very angry at me.

I thought he was going to hurt me, so I ran and hid behind the wall. Then I saw his father taking Jonathan and hitting him against the wall.  It made me so scared and sorry for Jonathan.

When we got home I told Mommy the story. Mommy was very sad and had tears in her eyes.  She said: “You see, my son. Sometimes it is better not to have a father at all, than to have a bad father.”

So I told Mom that I will never ever be a bad father like that.

I didn't go to school today.  I have an ear infection.

5 comments:

  1. hey Jay and Kay!

    Jay that sounds soo scary about the snake you and Erin are such brave boys!!!

    Kay that is so sad to hear about your friend Jonathan i hope he heals quickly.

    it is now only one month until i come back to see you all again will you please keep all those snakes away while im there Jay!!this time im bringing my big sister Rebecca to meet you we want lots of hugs from all of you i have told rebecca so much about you boys and she is also very excitied to meet you all:)

    Jay do you rememebr my dad reading to you when he went to visit when Daniel was there? he told me you were a really great reader and loved listening to your stories :)

    cant wait to see you both again love Ellen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian & HeidiMay 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM

    Jay you are extremely brave! And Kay, what you told your Mom was right, when you become a father you should be very loving and caring towards your children!!

    Love u both,

    Christian and Heidid x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi boys,

    You definitely are very brave Jay! Maybe you could be on snake watch with Erin?! And Kay, maybe when you go back to school after your ear infection you could be friends with Jonathon to cheer him up?

    I just wanted to say a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both, I hope you had an awesome day! Sending lots and lots of love and big hugs, see you soon!

    Hannah Johnson
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday boys! I hope you have had a day with lots of fun. It sounded like you had good plans!
    I also have a twin brother, we mostly spend some of our birthday together – it is so funny to wish him a good birthday and all he says is “hey, thanks you too”. I couldn’t imagine life without my twin. Do you think that twins have a special language together and that they understand each other without words? I can imagine that you sometimes want to tell something to each other without your brothers and sister should know anything about it, what do you do then? I would love to hear your “twin-thoughts.”
    I’ll see you in August.
    Natasia from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Boys,
    I love your blog. It is so much fun for me to see what you two are up to. Jay, you are such a brave boy. I love the snake and Kay, you have such a sweet heart. You will be the best daddy in the world, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete