Slobberdogblog

Slobberdogblog
Our Hero Slobberdog!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

AT LAST WE ARE ELEVEN!

Hiya Guys! Sorry we missed last week, but our internet was down because the satellite blew. But here we are again and we are so excited to see that we have 9 followers now! Well done! Yahoo!


Well, not everything we thought was going to happen on the 29th with the Soccer Ball happened, and not everything that we thought we would do for our birthdays happened either. First of all, the Soccer Ball didn’t happen exactly because when Mom woke up on the 29th she was not well so she could not go with us. So Joanna took me to the movies for my birthday. I watched Prince of Persia and I went with Joanna, Kay, Shannan and Brendon. I hope that my Mom will let me go and watch Twilight Eclipse too, one of these days. But I know she won’t let me because it is age restricted ‘16 Violence’. That’s really so sad.

I didn’t go to the Soccer Ball on the 29th. When I saw Mommy that morning and she was looking so sick, actually more sad than sick, I thought maybe I will stay at home with her to keep after her. (Translation: ‘look after her’) I wasn’t ready to go. I didn’t want her to be by herself. She looked so sad. She looked like somebody died. I love my Mom. I don’t like it when she’s sad. And I hate it when she’s sick. But when the evening came, Joshua and Reuel also decided to stay with her. So it wasn’t too bad. And we all watched the Rugby. That was such an exciting game. The Bulls won and the Stormers lost. My whole family are all Bulls fans, so we were happy that they won.


My mom felt a little bit better on Sunday night so she took me to the Spur for my birthday. I went with Mommy, Crispin, Thabang, Erin and Benjamin. It was very nice. The waiters all sang ‘Happy Birthday dear Kieran’ with an African tune. We played on Play Stations that the Spur has for kids. I wish my Mom bought me JAWS, but she couldn’t find it. But she still bought some nice presents like: Alvin and the Chipmonks 2, Burnout Dominator Play Station Game, hot chocolate. I don’t feel like saying all the rest.  Here I am opening my presents.

At school I coloured the best Stadium and my teacher was very pleased with me. We are busy with exams so some of us are stressed. I am perfectly fine, though. I don’t get stressed. But Brett is very stressed and goes to bed as soon as he gets home. Sometimes he cries the whole afternoon. But today he is up and about and feeling better.
Slobberdog was not well this week. He had to go to the vet and have an operation to remove some cancers on his body. He had some on his belly and one on his willy. So, he was feeling a bit sorry for himself when he came back from the vet. He went straight to his bed. But Mommy gives him his antibiotic in big lumps of polony. He loves that and really looks forward to swallowing those in one big gulp.  Notice the puddle of drool under his mouth!  He can't WAIT for that polony.

I am really, really sad … do you know what happened? My Mom bought me some lovely presents but the best one was a Justin Bieber CD. And yesterday somebody stole it out of my bedroom. That is one thing I hate about TLC. There are always thieves stealing our stuff. They even stole my birthday marshmallows. I was crying and crying all evening because I am so disappointed. And they left me with just SEVEN marshmallows. That's so hard to believe.  Gee, I just can't get over it!

Here is a picture of me opening my presents:  We each got a nice blue trunk with locks, so that we can lock our stuff away.  And they STILL stole my stuff because I forgot to lock the trunk.



I was worried about Slobberdog. I get afraid when I hear cancer. A while ago my mother also had a cancer and everybody was so scared. I don't know what will happen to us if my Mom dies.  Its scarey to think about it.  Even Joshua was scared and kept asking her if she was fine. Even Rhys was scared. But she had that thing cut out and she is fine now. I am so glad. And I am so glad that my lovely Slobberdog is fine too.


I couldn’t sing at the Soccer Ball, because I didn’t go. I thought my brother was going to sing for me, but he didn’t. That was because all my brothers and sisters practiced a lot and did the Diski Dance at the ball as a “team”. The Diski Dance is our nation’s dance that we have been taught for the 2010 World Cup. Everybody at the Dance was impressed with them because they did it in time and did a good job. Belinda Peters managed to raise a lot of money for TLC and Mommy is so pleased.  Here is a picture of those who went to the ball.  Only Lionel, the guy on the left with the long hair is not family, he is my sister Faith's boyfriend.  I feel sad that they cut Faith off.  She is sitting next to Lionel.  Jay is the one with the red shirt and the ball.  Rhys was happy because he won a camera in the raffle.

School finishes on Wednesday. It is going to be exciting. I don’t have to see boring school again until July. Our government gave us two month’s holiday because of the World Cup. I wish I was born the day when my Mom was born. Then I could finish school quickly! That would be much better … I don’t care if I would be as old as she is. At least I would be finished school. Plus … If my Mom says “Yes”, I wish I could go and see Toy Story 3 on the 25th of June. It would be so exciting if she said “Yes” but we are a little short of money at the moment so maybe she will not be able to say “Yes”.

I am so happy that school is finishing next week. ‘Cause people tease me at school. They say I have a big mouth!  I also hope in the holidays if we could go to the movies just once. I love the movies more than anything in the world, even toys and stuff. Did you know that I can talk like a grown up man? It makes my Mom laugh out loud. The only thing is I can’t speak with a South African accent. When I am speaking like a man I can only speak with an Irish accent. Actually, I can also speak with an American accent. Maybe one day I will be an actor. But I will have to lose my stage fright first! I am going to Durban in September with my Sensei to the South African Championships again. Last year I won the South African Championships and I went to the World Championships, but those Japanese were too good for us. They beat us hollow! I really hope my Mom can come with me.

I hope we can go to Durban for a holiday in 2011 when I am 12. We used to go to Durban quite often on holiday but now my Mom doesn’t have enough money. We also used to go to Magalies Park too sometimes, but we can’t do that anymore either. So this year and last year there were no holidays for the Jarvises. My Mom says, never mind. We don’t have to go every year. My Mom only saw the sea for the first time when she was 12.

When I was small (young) like 4, we went to Durban and then I was sitting on the sand. My Mom came out of the water and tried to pull me in. I was always running away from her because I was terrified of the sea. I still remember it wasn’t a good feeling. Then one day she grabbed my hand and made me go in. She really wanted to show me that it was such fun. But I still didn’t believe her. But today while I am big, I know it’s fun and I love the sea. I only found that out in 2008. But I don’t like to go in deep like Jesse and the other boys. I like to stay with the waves just up to my hips. So I guess I am still a little scared. I am afraid I will get knocked over and won’t be able to breathe. Maybe I won’t be strong enough to get back onto my feet.

I remember our volunteer Simon from Canada came to Durban with us. He said do you want to swim? And I said, yes. Because I saw my brothers having fun with him and then it was MY TURN! Then he picked me up and we went far, far out. I thought a shark was going to come and then he said I must try and swim. So then he held me on my tummy and he pushed me and he said I should kick my legs and swim. So I kicked my legs and did the crawl and I remember the time when I tried to show my Mom that I could swim, but I couldn’t suddenly. Every time I tried to show my Mom something, I slipped, or something happened and I couldn’t show her. But now, hallelujah! I can swim. I am still very careful, though. Mom says its good to be careful. She says God gives us carefulness to keep ourselves safe.

So we think that’s enough news for one week. We will write to you all again next week. I hope you all have lots and lots of fun and do exciting stuff. Thank you for making more followers. Our friend told us that followers are important.

Goodbye! Seeya!

PS.  When Mom read this week's Blog she said it needed to be jazzed up a little.  Its a bit flat.  But we tried and didn't know what to do.  We think next week we will start introducing you to our family members and you can have a good laugh.  Even our animals are funny, not just Slobberdog.  So sorry if this one is flat.  But next week you will have something to look forward to.  Also, if we are on holiday we can do more blogs, not just on the weekend.  That will be cool too.

9 comments:

  1. I don't agree with your mom on this one - it's not flat, it's your thoughts, that's all that counts, really, doesn't have to be meaningful all the time. Love reading your posts und dipping into TLC life. Keep on doing such a fabulous job, boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stef...it's not flat. Your thoughts are a big part of what make you unique. Though, perhaps your mom is meaning that she does love your stories and feel that they add some zest to it all. Looking forward to hearing more from you both. Love to you from Canada! (Though - we will soon be in Minnesota, USA) - Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi boys,
    I love hearing your news it always makes me happy to hear what you are up to. I wanted to let you know that you have many people reading your blog. Most do not have the proper email to sign up to be a followers but they do read it over facebook. Keep up the news we all love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys, I love reading your blog...did you really just turn 12? Oh my, where does the time go? Keep up the good work. Enjoy that time off from school. J, I can certainly see you as an actor and I am so sorry about your cd and marshmellows. It sounds like you two had a fabulous birthday and K, my mouth is watering right now thinking about your birthday dinner at the Spur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Boys are doing a fabulous Job with your Blog! I'm having so much fun reading your stories! It brings back so many memories! I remember going on holiday with you guys to the beach....can't believe its been 6 years.......Jay went way out in the water, but Kay stayed closer......but you were both brave to go in :o) You guys had so much fun on the beach! You are all such a treasure in my life! I'm so glad I can keep reading glimpses of your life way over there! Lots of Love to You Both!
    Love, Alicia B. (U.S.A)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are great ! I love your blog ! It's so funny and it's nice to hear the news from the Main House ! Can't wait for the next update !
    Love

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi boys!!

    I'm really enjoying your blogs! I check on here every couple of days so I don't miss a thing!

    I'm glad you both had a nice birthday, and make sure you keep your trunk locked from now on! Although that was very mean of somebody to take your things :(

    You are so lucky to have lots of time off from school, will you be home in July when I come out? I hope so! :) I will have to bring you a photo of mine and Becky's slobberdog! Arthur is very slobbery especially after eating snails!! Which are very bad for his tummy but he likes it when they bubble in his mouth! eurgh! Yuk, and then he tries to give you kisses!

    Well, I can't wait to give you both extra big hugs when i come out in 4 weeks! I am so excited to see you all! Give a great big hug to your mum from me as well!

    Lots of love
    Hannah Johnson
    xxx (for Jay) and xxx (for Kay)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi guys!

    I love reading your blogs! I get very excited when there is a new one. I think they are just great, but maybe you could tell us some news about your brothers and sisters as well? It's nice to hear about everyone!
    Maybe when me and my sister Hannah come out in July we could take you to see Toy Story 3 if your mum says that's ok and you haven't seen it already by then!!
    It is only 4 weeks until we come out to see you, I am so excited! I wonder if the same "Airport Kids" will pick me up again hey Kay??

    Sending big love and cuddles to you both and all your family.

    Love from Becky Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey. I know you probably don't remember me as I was only there for 3 weeks a couple of years ago. I came with Ellen the first time she visited, with Rachel and a Soapbox team.
    I thought you might like to know I taught my Year 5 class here in England (so 9 and 10 year olds) the Diski Dance today. We have been learning about South Africa this week ready for the World Cup and they loved the dancing. Thank you very much for the idea, I had never heard of it before reading your blog.

    Emma x x
    (P.S. Lucy and Hannah Dobson know who I am!)

    ReplyDelete