Slobberdogblog

Slobberdogblog
Our Hero Slobberdog!

Monday, August 30, 2010

STRIKES AND VICTORIOUS!

Hi Everybody,

I went to watch Step Up 3D with Volunteers, Tim and Theo ... and  James.  It was so much fun.  We went to the mall and the arcade and the ring shops.  It was such fun without Kieran!  LOL.  But I did miss him a bit.  I had so much fun.  Maybe my Mom will let me go again next time.

Hello Everybody,

Wicked Mom had a l-o-n-g scissors and pretended to cut off Ellen's hair!
On Saturday this lady came to visit us.  Her name is Shannon.  She is helping to make our barn better and she is going to buy a big screen in for us.  She has two sons.  They are also twins about our age but they are not identical.  And you know what else?  I checked on Kiera and Jessica when I got home and they ARE NOT IDENTICAL.  They have become completely different.  Aaah.  I think thats a bit disappointing, actually.  Anyway, I was having a long conversation with Shannon and her kids.  She also has a very cute, small girl, like about 2 years old.  We told Shannon all about our life and she told us about hers.  She also thinks that big families are great.

There is a strike on and it isn't that good.  We can't go to school and have an education.  When I heard that there was a strike, I was not very happy.  Kieran and I went to Aloe Ridge School and we stood by a board that said 'NO SCHOOL DUE TO STRIKE.'  Pippa said we must jump up and down and look happy, but Kieran just stood there and Pippa said she is going to put on the blog that 'Kieran is a LOSER.'  She wanted to take a picture so badly.

Jesse and Kieran!
Well, I don't care cause I was not in the mood for jumping up and down!  Anyway ... I don't like that whole strike story.  I think they should pay our teachers properly.  No wonder there are not enough teachers when they don't get enough pay to look after their kids properly.  So, I don't like the strike either, but its not like they WANT to strike.  It's because they HAVE to strike.  The govament must pay their people like they promised.  So, I didn't think there was anything to jump up and down about and even if Pippa calls me a LOSER I won't because the strike doesn't make me feel happy at all.

It was Tommy's birthday party on Saturday.  I went to him and I said, --- Tommy can I please come to your party? --- and Tommy said --- Of course my  son --- (he always says that to me, even though I am not his son).  It was a real cool party.  Tommy turned 17.  He had lots of friends around and they were all kind of about his age.  There was a lot of cool music and we could put it real loud because it was in the barn and we didn't disturb anybody.  I went on the dance floor and I was dancing a lot.

A Boerewors Roll
After a while I ran to check on my Mom and she asked --- So how is the party going --- and I said --- GREAT! --- So she told me to put on my slippers but I didn't listen.  I ran back to the barn - I was so scared I was going to miss something and I was dancing and dancing again.  It was such fun ... I was dancing with Tim the volunteer.  It really was such great fun.  I ate popcorn and drank Pepsi.  I am not actually supposed to drink Pepsi so it made me a little dizzy.

I was roasting marshmallows and we had boerewors.  That is like a South African delicious sausage and we had it on rolls so that's called Boerewors rolls.  Yummy.  Tim had to carry Jesse to bed then because he fell asleep.  He was so mad with himself on Sunday morning.  But he just couldn't keep his eyes open.

Tommy has a girlfriend.  Her name is Poppy.  She is lovely.  And Tommy gave her a present ... it was a party pack with chips and stuff and a lovely teenager book.  Poppy was so happy.  I really, REALLY wanted to get a picture of the two of them.  I think I took about 2000 of the party ... but they were all fuzzy.  I think I probably shake a little bit.  Mom was disappointed.  She trusted me.  She said ...  'Oh Kieran!  I should have done it myself.'  Aw ... sorry Mom.

FAMILY FOCUS:
KAY

Kay is Joanna’s firstborn tummy-kid. It is not hard to write about Kay because he is such a fabulous guy. He is a great friend and is always a lot of fun. He never makes trouble because he is quite quiet. He is very good at school and does his work well and is clever. He never gets into trouble. I think he has never got a discipline mark in his life. Everybody loves Kay. I don’t think there is one person in this whole wide world who ever said ... --- I don’t like Kay Jones --- He is such a cool dude. (Not in a proud way, but in a nice way).

Kay is the same kind of age as Brendon and Crispin. When he was born he was very premature because my sister, Joanna, is diabetic and so he was very tiny and she was very sick. Mom says that Joanna nearly lost her life giving birth to him and so she decided not to have any more tummy babies, but only to have heart babies instead. Joanna had already adopted West when Kay was born. West and Kay are very different from each other. Kay is such a peacemaker. He doesn’t like fights and that kind of stuff. When fights happen, he always moves away from the fights, or otherwise he stays very quiet.

We all think that Kay looks a lot like the Jarvises. Mommy says he looks a lot like Joanna did when she was a little girl, except that she had blue eyes, and Kay has brown eyes like his father. But I think that Kay looks quite a lot like Rhys, actually. And I know that Rhys and Joanna look a lot alike too. All those white Jarvises look similar. You can really tell that they all have the same genes and the same blood. They laugh the same, and they all have blue eyes. They think the same things are funny and sometimes its like they have their own language when they talk ... you kind of don’t really know what they are talking about or what they are trying to say, and then they all burst out laughing together and you are going .... ---W-h-a-t?--

Kay likes to play soccer. He is so good at writing things like stories. He is good with his hands. Next year Kay is going to High School and he will not be going to St. David’s like the Jarvis boys do. Joanna wants him to go to school close by and that school is called Waterstone. I think Kay might be a little bit lonely without all the Jarvises, but we will still see each other in the afternoons and in the holidays and weekends. Kay says he is a little bit scared of that school because nearly all the kids are white and in Aloe Ridge nearly all the kids are brown. Kay is used to being only one white face here at TLC where all the other kids are brown. But I am sure he will find friends at Waterstone and he will be very happy because he is such a good, kind guy.

Kay was very heart-sore when his Mom and Dad got divorced. I think it must be much more sore when it is your real own flesh and blood Mom and Dad because you are like their creation from their bodies and the reason you are on earth is because they loved each other and so they made you together ... a real special thing, like a whole kid! And then one person runs off like it never happened and takes another person for a wife or a husband and forgets about that first family. I can see how that can be very painful for a kid. And I can see why God doesn’t want us to do things like that. I know big people always say that its complicated. And maybe it is complicated and a kid like me can't understand it yet.

But when I am big I will pray to God that my life doesn’t get complicated because I want to stay with my babies and my kids forever and ever and not be like having one kid with one person, another kid with another person and another kid with another person so that some of my very own kids don’t have a Dad. I want all my kids to stay with me and with their one and the same Mom forever and ever so that nobody gets sad and unhappy and cries for me. That would make me too miserable.  I would be broken hearted if that had to happen.  I always cry in the movies when I see stuff like that and I promise God I will never do that to my kids or my wife, even if she gets fat and ugly or toothless and old and there is a pretty young thing flirting with me ... oh no!  I will run for my life back to my family...

VICTOR MATTFIELD AND JOHN SMIT
Then I also wanted to talk about that Trinations match with Australia and South Africa on Saturday.  Wow!  I mean WOW!!  Wasn't that something?  What a GREAT game.  Geeez Louise!  I enjoyed that ... except for the beginning when I was beginning to think we might lose.  But then our boys picked up ... they found themselves again and WHAT A WONDER!!!  Didn't you just LOVE it?  And Victor Mattfield standing on the pitch singing the anthem with his two little kids in his arms.  My goodness it brought tears to my eyes.  So lovely.  When I get a son one day, I want to call him Victor.  Guess why?  Well, NOT ONLY because of I think Victor Mattfield is the GREATEST, but did you know, my own flesh and blood Dad was called VICTOR?  It's strange but my Mom's name was not on any of the hospital documents, but there was my Dad's name.  VICTOR.  So, I am going to call my son Victor one day (with permission from my wife, of course!) LOL  And maybe if its a girl, I will call her VICTORIOUS!  LOL!  LOL!

~~~~~~~~

So now we are going to answer the comments.  Errrah ... it's a big job.  It IS!  It takes FOREVER.  Maybe we will do it today but  not every time.

Hannah Johnson said...


Wow you are very brave, i would not have gone swimming in a lake full of big fish! Although maybe Kieren could have done a bit more "fishing" hey?!
Yeah! LOL
I'm glad you got a new Justin Beiber cd jessie, you'll have to take good care of that one!
I am.   No scratches and locked away from the TLC thieves.  They even stole Ellen's purse with R20 in it, and while Mom was in Cape Town they stole her rosary and she was heartbroken.  It was her Pope John Paul II very special rosary.  I hate thieves! 
Me and Becky are going to a festival for the weekend where we have to live in a tent for 4 days! I hope it doesn't rain, it always rains in Engand!
I hope you had a good time.


I forgot to ask you what shoe size you are for the trainers?! Could you let me know and i'll see what i can do! Love you both loads xxx
I am size 3.  I  am size 4.
annegreenacres said...

Hi b boys great blog again! I think West would make a good counsellor as he is such a good listener. I remember all of Joanna's family as the soapbox tgeam liveed at their place. I did enjoy my time at tlc & would dearly love to visit again
Hello Aunty Anne.  Thank you for making a comment.
Anonymous said...


I don't know if you remember us. You stayed at our house (Don & Dolly) while you were in Saskatoon, Canada. You will always have a special place in our hearts. I love reading your blog. You bring a smile to my face whenever I read it. Keep it up!!!!


Dolly Toews
Oh we remember you Dolly.  We remember you and Don and Heidi and Kimmy and ... mmm.  Oh I forgot somebody.  So sorry.  But we mostly  remember Don  because he loved us so much.  He was like a Dad and we cried and cried when we had to leave on the plane, because we didn't want to leave Don.  And afterwards Don sent us some presents and letters.  We remember it snowed the night we had to go on the plane and we were excited because we never saw snow before.  Dolly we were only 4 ... Now we are 11!

I am a reader and a fan of your blog and it allways makes me smile :-)You guys are excellent story tellers! I live in Holstebro, Denmark and am the proud mother of Oliver (Andile) and we adopted him from TLC in 2007. I will show him the lovely pictures :-) Please keep on posting! Gitte.
Thank you Gitte.  We don't know you but my Mom does, and she knows Andile.  We don't know the babies because they come and go all the time.  But Mom mostly knows everybody.  Pippa says 'Sabina phoned' and Mom says, 'oh yes, that's Thando's Mom.'  and then Pippa says 'HOW do you DO that'?  But we can't do that.  Sorry.  But we are very glad that you like our blogstories.
Benedicte said...


Thank you boys, for writing such lovely and entertaining stories from your life. I read every one of them, and it's so great to hear about life at the Jarvis's. I hope to come back to TLC sometimes in the future with my two sons-sand hopefully meet the two of you.

Say Hello to your mom, and tell Pippa I'm looking forward to seeing here when she comes to Denmark.

Pippa is getting very stressed.  And she struggled to get a visa every day the man called and wanted something more and something more till Pippa was going crazy.  But now she has it so she's happy but she has to prepare a lot to go because she is so busy.  Thank you for reading our blogstories and my mom sends her love back.


Anonymous said...

Hey boys, your doing such a flippin`good job with your blog! Love to read it, so I can keep all of you in my heart! Anna, your biggest fan in Germany!
Actually we don't remember Anna either, only and English Anna.  But I am sure my Mom will know you.  Thank you for being a fan.  We love you!
PDeverit said...

Plain Talk About Spanking??????

by Jordan Riak


http://nospank.net/pt2010.pdf

We thought this was a mistake because ... it was wierd.  Then Mom said 'Oh I think that person is Danish, maybe because they don't spank in Denmark.  Then I remembered that I said to the Dutch lady that we were going to give Holland a spanking in soccer.  LOL!  LOL!  LOL!
Dear anamous, we did not mean a REAL spanking.  You probably don't understand because you don't speak English.  In English we say 'We are going to beat you.' when we mean we are going to win a match.  We don't mean we are actually going to B-E-A-T you will our hands!  LOL! LOL! LOL!  And so sometimes if you feel like being funny you can say WE ARE GOING TO SPANK YOU ... or WE ARE GOING TO WALLOP YOU.  But we don't mean it.  Don't worry.  We don't mean it.  We don't spank each other for real!

You guys should also know that I am not a sporty person.  People keep asking me sport questions because of the World Cup and what we wrote on the blog.  I liked the world cup soccer.  But I don't like sports because of my heart problem.  JESSE is the one who loves sports.  All kinds of sports.
 Zach and Emily said...

Boys, I just love reading your blogs. Keep it up!
Thanks Zach and Emily.
Hey Kieran and Jesse :)

I read your blog everytime when you write something new and I just LOVE it! You are so wonderful! And by the way so good in writing those things down, I can really imagine how everything happens:)

Just miss TLC and you guys very often so badly!


Lots of love from Germany, Eva :)
People always say 'I love TLC so much because ... of this ... because ... of that'  and those things are true and nice.  But people forget that it always happens that people must leave and then our hearts are sore ... yours and ours.  I hate it when people go again.  Like Becky.  I MISS YOU BECKY!  COME BACK!
Thank you for your comment Eva.

Linda (Germany) said...

I do understand, why you didn't like fishing, Kieran! I also think it's VERY boring! There are many other things that are much more interesting! I'm happy for you that you got the chance to go to Cape Town, though! It's such a beautiful place, I love it!

I love your blog stories! It's so nice to read how you experience life at TLC! It's so nice to hear from you and see how much you have grown up! (I was at TLC 2006/07, so long ago!) Every day I look at your bolg to see if there is a new story, even though it's not the weekend and not time for a new story yet.

Lots of love,


Linda

Thanks for the comment Linda.  We don't remember you anymore, sorry.  But I know my Mom will remember you.  Thank you for reading our blogstories, though.  Love you.

Lizzie Simon said...


wow you guys have been busy!!!

jesse i'm so happy you got your justin bieber cd, i hope you remember all the songs still!!


i miss you guys loads but im starting school next month so hopefully ill be very busy!!!

love you loads, (ps, im holding jessica and kiera in fiona's photo! ;) )
We miss you so much, Lizzie.  We wish you could come back right now.


Hi Boys, Another fantastic Blog - what an adventure on the Cape Keiran.We live in an area,like your Mom says,way up high in the hills and the only things that like to eat the rough grass on the moors are sheep and I have to agree with you I wouldn't like to kiss one on the nose either!! but I think it's ok to stroke a pet one.And how lovely to re-find your brother and the rest of the Family at Home then to celebrate with a great picnic at the lake with them all. Your Family is terrific so thank you again for sharing them with us.We are glad to share Lucy and Hannah with you for a while.We did know about Hannah's knee - you need to give her a big hug from us so she gets better each day.

Thank you Aunty Jay.  We love getting your comments, even though we think we might not be able to answer them all anymore.  I hope you don't mind.  I hope you are not disappointed.  We didn't think it would be so much work, but we get very tired because we have to do it on Word first so that we can check the spelling and be very careful and stuff.  Then we have to move it all to the blog and sometimes we lose some of it ... ugh!  It's quite hard.  And answering the comments makes it twice as hard.  But when we can we will do it.


Allison F said...

Kieran, I understand how fishing can be slow. I am usually the one to go with my daddy because my sisters don't like to sit for so long. We pass the time by singing silly songs that tell the fish to come and bite our hooks. Sometimes it works and we catch really big ones!

I'm glad you all had fun at the lake! I understand being a bit spooked about the fish- once when my husband and I were in a lake, he was floating on a raft when a bug landed on him and bit him. But before he could swat the bug, a fish jumped out of the water and ate the bug off of him!! He was very surprised, but I had a good giggle. = ) We both laugh about it now.

Keep writing!! I look forward to your posts all week.
Much love from Virginia,

Allison
Yikes if that happened to me, I swear I would have a heart attack. Imagine a fish doing that. Oh yuck man. It's just gross. Sucking a bug right off your body. Gross man!  Thanks for your comment Allison.

6 comments:

  1. Hey boys! I commented on your last post but I guess it didn't work properly as I didn't get a reply!! I miss you guys so, so much! One of the volunteers told me someone wrote on the volunteer notice board about me, was it one of you?!
    Hannah and I got back from the festival yesterday, it was SO MUDDY!! Everyone had to wear wellie boots, but I didn't have any so my trainers (the ones I always wore at your house) have been destroyed by the mud. I hear Hannah is buying you guys new trainers - perhaps she will get me some too!!
    I have written to my teachers to ask them how long I can come to see you guys for in my holidays at christmas - fingers crossed its a long time!! I hope the strike doesn't go on too long and you get to see your teachers soon.
    Love you loads and loads, give everybody big cuddles from me.
    Becky xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys I just love your blog, I am amazed at the deep insight into life that you have,what lovely christian boys you are & I just love you,
    God Bless you both

    with love

    Anne xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad about not writing back to people's comments. It's not your fault you are so popular and so loved :). I think about you boys and everyone at TLC lots and you are right. I think the volunteers often forget that they are not the only ones who lost someone when they go home. You boys and everyone at TLC are having to see people come and go also. Tommy's party sounded like a blast. Can't believe you all are getting so old. That means one thing, I am getting old too. Lots of love to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jesse and Kieran,
    This is Ron and Lynn, writing to you from the USA. We have been reading your blog since the day you started to write it.

    What an amazing job you do of explaining your life and describing your family there at TLC. Perhaps one day, all your blogs will be collected together and printed out into a book! Your photos are great (even if you didn't get a good photo of Tommy and Poppy) and your sense of humor is just so much fun. You are both growing up into such fine young people!

    We are looking forward to seeing you again - in about 2 1/2 weeks. It is OK if you do not remember us, because you have many people in and out of your life. But we surely do remember you, and we can't wait to see how BIG you are!

    Congratulations on your terrific blog! It takes a lot of work to keep writing updates, and we are really proud of you for keeping all of us informed all over the world.

    Lots of love,
    Lynn and Ron, aka Auntie Lynn and Big Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jesse and Kieran,
    This is Lynn and Ron in the USA. What a terrific blog you have! We have been reading it since the day you started to write it. Perhaps some day, all your blogs will be collected and printed out into a book!

    It is so fun to read your thoughts and comments about your life at TLC and read many interesting things about your family there. You have a great sense of humor, and you take very good photos (even if you didn't get a good one of Tommy and Poppy - ha ha)

    We don't mind if you do not remember us, because you have had so many people who come to TLC all of your life. But we surely do remember you, and can't wait to see you again and see how much you have grown.

    We are coming back to TLC in about 2 1/2 weeks! We will see you then!
    Lots of love,
    Lynn and Ron, aka Auntie Lynn and Big Papa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi boys!
    I sent some pictures of your twins Jessica and Kiera to your mum for you both. I am missing you guys so much! I hope the strike is over soon and you can all go back to school again soon. lots of love and hugs for everyone love Ellen xxx

    ReplyDelete