Slobberdogblog

Slobberdogblog
Our Hero Slobberdog!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

THUNDERDOG!


Hello there to all our friends, far and wide!

Yes, we greet you - one and all ... so come inside!  LOL!  LOL!

Kieran and Jesse
It was cold today. Blustery and windy. The wind even blew away Rhy’s chickens! The little veld chickens that he has in these small cages. Not only that, but it blew off the roof from Joshua’s pig-houses! This was most awful because two of the mommy pigs have a litter of baby pigs each and the one’s babies are only just a week old.

Strong wind blew the roof off the Pig Sty
Mom called Joshua and he was busy studying for his exams. He was not happy. He said ... “Oh dangit! That’s not good timing.” He had a look out of his window and screamed a word we are not allowed to say. Those little piggies were not a bit worried. We went to the pig houses with Mom because from her bedroom window it looked like some of the dogs had managed to get into the pig pens. She took her new camera because she is learning how to use it. Slobberdog was right on her heels. He could tell something exciting was going on.

Yummy, yummy baby piggy in my tummy!
The baby pigs were just fine! Running after their mommies and not bothered in the least. They were not even scared of Slobberdog! Slobberdog went right up to the fence and was drooling and thinking, ‘Yummy, yummy! Baby pig in my tummy!’ But Mommy pig was standing there ... her hackles were up and her top lip was going up and down and I think SHE was saying ... “In your dreams you slobbering mutt!” LOL! LOL!

In your dreams, you slobbering mutt!
Mommy pigs can be very, very dangerous when they are protecting their little ones. They can BITE a whole big hole in your leg if they don’t know you. Especially if they think you are up to mischief and want to hurt their little babies. Only people they love and trust, like family members or Bernard and Robert who feed them every day, are allowed in the pig pen when there are babies.

Pig Farmer, not a happy chappy
Daddy pig wasn't getting out of the bath for anyone!
Well, then Joshua came to have a look and he was not a happy chappy!  Not with the condition of the pig sty’s and all. He was muttering and grumbling and moaning and “Gotta have this junk goin’ on ... supposed to be studying ... blooming pigs ... more trouble than they’re worth!” Actually, I am sure he didn’t mean a word of that because he makes a LOT of money from his pigs. He has been breeding them since he was 13 and he sells the babies when they are 3 months old and are nice and fat (after eating all that delicious left-over baby-formula!)  YUM! LOL He saves every pig-cent he gets at the auction and ... well ... there’s this rumour ... shhh ... don’t tell anyone ... it is only a rumour ... but they say he will have enough money saved up when he is 18 to buy himself a CAR!!! Howdya like that?

Well after that Mom went down to Postinia because Zoё asked her to proof-read her university thesis and Mom can’t do that with us-lot and all the noise in the house. She tried for two days, but Zoё needs it for tomorrow. So Mom trotted off to Postinia but before she left she said to me and Jesse ... “Hey you two boys, I am going to give Pippa a call when I'm ready and then you need to come down and do Slobberdog. We don’t want to keep all your fans waiting like last week.” So we said ... “Okay Mom!”

Dominique our sister told us to go down to Postinia to do our blog. Me and Kieran are like ...”Are you sure?” Because we were waiting for Mom to call Pippa. But she said . “Yes, I am sure!” So we started walking down to Postinia. At first it was fine. Windy but fine. Till GWARRA! The thunder was growling: GRRRR! BLAM! BLAM! And the lightning was going BZZZZZZZ! ZZZAP! ZZZZZAP!. Then we got SO scared. Did you know that lightening is one of the most common causes of death in the veld in South Africa?

So we started running down, me and my brother. But you know ... he has this ... mmm problem (never allowed to call it ‘dickey heart’ again!  Um Sorry Kieran but what do we say?) HEART PROBLEM!  He goes banana’s when anybody says the other thing. But you know what I mean ... HEART PROBLEM and so he said “Puff ... puff ... oh no ... oh heck ... can’t do this anymore; puff puff puff!” And I said, “Don’t give up Kieran, you can do this, boy! Come on dude! Not long to go now!” The rain! ... Huge, humongous drops of rain fell splat! Splat! Splat! Down on our heads! Worst of all, down on our new shirts that Anna Kruppa had sent for us.

Ceri the volunteer saw us in the rain. She looked worried. Worried about Kieran. So I took my brother on my back and I ran like a madman down to Postinia. Wow, it was cool-wicked. Kieran was going Weehah! Cool Jesse! WEEHAH! SO COOL JESSE! Just as well God made me strong, for all the people I have to piggy-back around here!

When we banged on the door, my Mom got such a fright and said, “What are you guys doing here? Just LOOK how wet you are!  I haven’t finished yet. I didn’t call Pippa.” I said ... We are here to do Thunderdog! LOL ... Yes, and at the very moment he said that ... at the same time I said this ... I said ‘We are here to do Slobberdog! LOL! And then Mom just exploded! She said THUNDERDOG? WHA HA HA HA HA HA! She laughed her head off! It was so good to see my Mom laugh that loud. Wow man! It made my heart so happy. Do you know the Bible says Laughter is like medicine to the soul! My wonderful Mom got a great big dose of very good medicine just then. Man ... I nearly cried it was so beautiful to see her laughing like that and then I just ran to her and hugged her and hugged her and we all three hugged each other and laughed and laughed.

But then I started coughing. I couldn’t stop coughing. My Mom was like ... Are you ... are you sick! All I could say was puff puff, freezing, Mom! Freezing! And I was shivering and shivering. Too cold, Mom. And then Jesse said - I’ll make some nice tea for you guys.- And Mom said -That would be great.- And then I went into the kitchen with Jesse and he said ... 'Don’t worry dude!  Don’t worry! ... The kettle will boil in just a minute.' Then he got some towels and wrapped them round me and rubbed me dry. And my Mom got out some biscuits. Yummy. Chocolate chip berries ... that’s what I call them. Absolutely delicious. Postinia’s special. I felt better quicker than quick!

FAMILY FOCUS

MATTHEW

Matthew is Pippa's eldest son.  He is 11 years old and he also goes to Aloe Ridge with the rest of us.  Matthew is very clever.  I think maybe he is the cleverest Jarvis in the school.  His teacher just loves him to bits because he is always very helpful and doesn't get up to mischief like SOME people do!  I don't think he has ever had a detention in his life, because he is just too good for something like that.  Matthew also has a great sense of humour.  He loves to laugh and he has the funniest laugh in the world.  Its like a giggly kind of a laugh and when he laughs, you want to laugh too because when he laughs is sounds so funny and then its kind of catchy.

We all like Matthew.  He's a good brother (and nephew!) LOL.  See, he is Pippa's son, and Pippa is our sister and so he is our nephew.  He gets a little irritated when we remind him of that.  Like he's supposed to respect his elders and all that ... even though he is the same age as us.  But he knows we are only playing with him. But he is a very good brother because he is the eldest of Pippa's kids and he has to look after the little ones when she is away.  He doesn't mind and he does a good job.


Even when he has to look after Ruth, the baby sister, who is not even two yet, he does a good job.  He baths her.  He dresses her.  He even changes her smelly nappies!  Now there's something Kieran and I are not too good at!  You see, God gives us all special gifts but that is not ours.  (Thank heavens!)  And Matthew is not much of a sportsman.  He can't run too fast and he is a little bit chubby, so maybe that has something to do with it.  But he has just started taking chess lessons at school and I think that will be a sport he can do.

Matthew is really good at Maths.  Maybe that's why God gave me the name MATHew!  LOL.  He understands things quickly and doesn't struggle like Kieran and I do with Maths.  I don't struggle that much, but when we have had a holiday or something and we haven't been at school for a while, then I forget my times tables and I struggle to remember what I learned before.  But Matthew is fine.  He always manages everything to do with school.


Everybody in the whole family loves Matthew.  He hardly ever teases people and teasing is what usually makes trouble.  Teasing and name-calling.  But Matthew never does that.  So we all love him.  And another thing about Matthew is that he is very helpful.  If you have a difficult job to do, he will come and help you, even before you ask.  He is a good example in that way.  And also if you are feeling sad he will try to make it better somehow.   Also, if you tell Matthew something that you don't one the whole planet to know, he won't say anything.  He's a good friend.  He's a good brother and he is a very good nephew!

One day when I grow up I’m going to have little puppies like Slobberdog. I’m going to have four. And their names are going to be Slobberdog 2! Thunderdog! LOL! LOL! Gasdog LOL! LOL! and ... Blobberdog! LOL! LOL! My mother laughed out loud again when she heard those names. She said ‘Jesse! Those are great names!’ ... And they are going to grow up just as cute as Slobberdog, the HERO of TLC. Grrrrrr!!! LOL! I think people are going love this blog ... the best one in history!

When I grow up I am going to be a pet-detective for dogs and cats. And if one of them looks sad on their dogfaces or catfaces, I am going to buy them and take them home with me and I’ll be its owner. I am going to take all the cute ones and scruffy ones and the ones look nice and even the ones that don’t look nice. Eeew ... like Electra ... she got something wrong with her face ... a fungus ... and it went all rotten like. Eeew! But Rhys took her to the vet and the vet said it was a kind of fungus that dogs get when they spend a lot of time in the veld. So she got antibiotics and injections and stuff. She’s completely better now and beautiful as ever. But anyway, I’m probably going to be like those weird old people who have like a thousand dogs and cats ... No man Kieran, that’s not good. You have to get them adopted into other families. You won’t be able to look after so many dogs and cats properly.  It's not kind.  Oh ... alright then, I’ll get them nice homes. Mmm ... that’ll be better! Thanks Jesse ... good idea!
Now I want to tell you about YOGA! Yesterday the Indian people came from Lenasia (down the road)... to our house. We had nice Indian food. It was called briyani. Very yummy with dahl. It was very spicy but I liked it. And then after that we did YOGA! It was such fun. We did stretches, body reflexes and yoga silence --- where we had to control our temper and our feelings and our breathing. I loved it so much I wanted to do more. If my teacher, Miss Moosa reads this blog she would be so happy and proud because she is Indian.

Yoga Demonstration Yesterday
They gave us party packs when they were done but before that they put great games on our computers and maths programmes and an Encyclopaedia Britannica. That’s going to be great in case we can never get on the internet if we don’t get money ... then we can get information from the encyclopaedia (just as well my Mom knows how to spell that word, because we DIDN'T!). And then we also all prayed and thanked God for good friends. Because these Indian people have been visiting us for lots of years already and they are very kind. Even their kids are kind.

Yesterday Anna (Kruppa) one of our favourite German volunteers who left quite long ago, sent a huge box of presents and we sat in Mom’s room and Pippa handed out the gifts. (Anna put our names on each one). I think she must have been busy for weeks preparing all that for us. There was something for everybody. It was so amazing. Slobberdog was so happy he even ate one of my marshmallow rats! All the kids jumped up and down with joy! Pippa even gave some of the volunteers like Keisha stuff that Anna had sent specially for them. I was shocked and amazed that we all got presents. Thank you Anna! ... From Jesse and his family and Kieran.

Hello Channelle, Aimee, Julie (my love) and Anna (everybody’s love) LOL! And Becky and Hannah, my beautiful, lovely girls. And Travaughna and Taqueesha! We are missing you all --- our friends on the blog. Keep writing long comments. I know that most of you don’t like to do it. What’s the matter, are you shy? But you know you can also write an e-mail to Mom and she will show us that way too. Sometimes people do that. It is easier for us to answer an e-mail. And Aunty Jay we have not had any comments from you lately. We hope that you are well. Maybe you are just on holiday. Last time you said we are nasty-sweet. We thought about that and we don’t want to be nasty-sweet anymore. We will just be sweet. Sorry that we did not write for long. Maybe you thought we stopped doing the blogstories.

Don’t forget to laugh about my puppy Blobberdog. And Thunderdog! LOL! I hope my dream does come true.
PEACE OUT MY FRIENDS. BYE!




LOVE YOU!



RED and BLUE

7 comments:

  1. Wow you guys that was an amazing blog this week! Definitly one of my favourites, and i loved your focus on Matthew, always there to help with a great big smile! Becky's got an awesome video of him and Amy dancing! It makes me smile everytime i watch it!
    I've never got to see South African lightening, it must be amazing to watch from a window, so you're not outside in it incase you get hit. Maybe i should come out next year when there is lightening and take some great photos!
    I can't believe you got to try yoga, i used to do it with nursery children, it's great fun although i'm not as good as the children, i can't touch my toes standing up and all that stuff, but maybe if i keep trying?
    Thunderdog is such a cool name! Would you get the same type of dog? And poor Joshua with the pigs! Did you manage to get a roof back on it? And i love the way you said Rhys' chickens flew away! I had a great picture in my mind of all these brown balls of feathers flying about the roof tops!
    Well, a massive thank you for you EXCELLENT blog this week boys, can't wait for the next one! Huge huge hugs to you both and that picture of you at the top, well you both look so handsome and gorgeous! :) Take care
    Hannah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i'm Hannah and Beckii's little sister Caitlin. I am 10 years old and i love reading your blog!! I think that this weeks was really good and i love the names of the puppys!!! Blobberdog was my favourite! Can't wait to read the next one!! xCaitlin Johnsonx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Boys, once again a wonderful blog. That box of stuff looked like a lot of fun. You boys are lucky to have so many people around the world that love you. Keep your mom laughing with all your good sense of humor. That is something I will never forget about you two, you sure are funny!!! I remember Kieran when you were, oh man, lets see...probably 8 and I was at TLC and had gotten bit by a spider on my face and you said to me, "the spider ate your eye" It was so cute and was the funniest thing I had ever heard. Oh good memories. Thanks again Jesse and Kieran for the updates. Keep up the good work. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, you look GORGEOUS in that photo of your new haircuts! Those poor pigs and chickens - it made me think of Piglet from Winnie the Pooh when there is a Blustery Day and he gets blown about by the "Big Wind" on winds-day! I remember when me and Dan and some other volunteers went to the cinema (the first time I came out) and when we got back to TLC there was a BIG STORM and the lightening was right on the farm! We parked the car with all the others and then ran fast back to the cottages! That was pretty scary, so I know how you felt! Kieran, I hope you feel better after your biscuits : )
    Poor Electra! She is so beautiful, I hope she is feeling much better now, that infection sure looked sore! The yoga and the presents sound like so much fun, you guys are lucky hey!
    Have you bought your new shoes yet? I am so excited to see them.
    Miss and love you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank again for the awesome blog. I love the name thunderdog. Dainen wants a dog but he likes the names spiderman and scoobydoo.

    Sounds like you guys had an amazing week full of great surprises. I love hearing all about your life. I am also enjoying your family focus. Send my love to Mathew, he is such a wonderful person!

    I will send you guys an email with some photos and lots more news.
    Love you both oxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You boys are great! I love reading Slobberdog and I'm always finished with a big smile :) Keep up the super work. You have some big fans in Canada! Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete