Slobberdogblog

Slobberdogblog
Our Hero Slobberdog!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

PAUL JARVIS GIVES PRESIDENT ZUMA R10!

This was a very exciting week. First of all, we all helped Pippa and Rhys to turn the Barn into a special room. We put up the projector and stuff so that we could watch the soccer on the big wall. We put lots of wood shavings on the floor and that made it so cool. We took all the old, frot lounge suites and chairs from the storerooms and we covered them with soft blankets so that there is room for everybody to sit and be comfortable.

South Africa played against Mexico. It was amazing. Lots of people were at Soccer City. The score was 1-1 because it was a tie. Bafana Bafana should have won! But it was a draw. But a draw is still good because they still have another chance. We had Mexican and South African food. Most people loved the Mexican food best, but I preferred the South Africa food.

We were in the Barn and we were so excited when Bafana Bafana scored that first goal. We all screamed and screamed and danced and danced around the Barn. I thought Mommy was going to have a heart attack! Today none of us have much voice we are all hoarse from the yelling.



But we were very quiet when Mexico got the goal. Except for Magda and Yarek (two volunteers from Poland) who cheered. Can you believe it? They sat in OUR BARN, OUR JARVIS BARN and cheered when Mexico won! I wanted to kill them. We all gave them dirty looks!

No we didn’t!

Yes we did. Well YOU SHOULD HAVE. How can they sit in our barn and cheer for the enemy. That’s just rude.

No its not.

Kay, now you are irritating me. They are Polish not Mexican.

It’s just a game, Jay. What about today when England plays against America? We are going to cheer for England, right?

Why do we have to cheer for England?  Maybe I want to cheer for America.

Because Daddy’s English, so we are half English.

Well that’s different but I’m not going to cheer for England if they play against South Africa. Are you?

Maybe.

Shut your mouth, Kay. Say your stuff so that I can go. You’re just irritating me now.

Some of us went on the bakkie with Uncle Alfred. We were screaming and blowing our vuvuzelas all over. It was awesome. We went to the Spar and jumped out of the bakkie and we were dancing with lots and lots of people. The police came but they didn’t do anything to us. They just went into the Spar to buy something and left. Everybody was cheering at us and smiling and laughing.

And then Uncle Alfred took us up the road past Thaba Ya Batswana where the Mexican team is staying. We were going to go to Walkerville but then Uncle said NO. He did not want to miss the opening ceremony of the game. The roads were very very full and the cars were all hooting and the people were blowing their vuvuzelas. And Uncle said maybe today we can go to Walkerville.

The saddest thing that happened after the Soccer Party on Thursday night was when Nelson Mandela’s granddaughter went home afterwards, her parents had a car accident and she was killed. She was only 13. That was very sad and poor Nelson Mandela is so sad that he could not come to the Soccer Match. We all missed him, but we understood and we all felt very sad for him and his family.

All of us sometimes ask my Mom if we could meet famous people.  Like the Pope, or a film star or something like that.  One day Paul said to my Mom - Mom can I meet the President?  Mom said - Is he made of flesh and blood?  Paul said YES.  She said - Then, if you pray, believing that you will meet him, and if it won't hurt the destiny God has for you, then I believe you can meet him.  So Paul prayed and believed.  And he kept telling his teachers ... I want to see the President.

One teacher, Teacher Rose, started to get irritated because every day he kept saying "Let's phone the President and invite him to our school".  Finally she said, okay Paul, I have his number.  Come to the office and you can phone him.  So Paul did.  But the President was overseas.  So he spoke to the President's assistant and she was very kind and told Paul that she would tell the President about Paul's wish.  Then the next week she phoned and said yes, the President will visit Paul's school.

On Thursday morning I went to my Mom’s room to tell her something but then she was so excited she just ran out of door. She started driving off with Paul and Dominique and left her ‘phone behind. And then I ran fast and took it to her before she could actually leave. She went to Paulie’s school and down came a helicopter with Jacob Zuma in it.

My Mom could not see anything because she had to wait in the hall, but Paul was outside with all the school staff and Principal who were going to greet him. Paul was a little bit shocked when he actually saw the President for real. But in a little while he was fine. When the President was finished meeting all the staff and the Principal, Paul told Mr. Zuma that he wanted to talk to him in private.



So he took Mr. Zuma’s hand and led him to the Principal’s office and they closed the door. Then Paul said to the President ‘I WANT TO ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS.’ The President said … Fine. So Paul asked him … why did he want to become a President and was it a hard job. And the President said that it was a very responsible job and hard work, but he knew he could be a good President. That was why he wanted to be one.


Then Paul asked him how did it feel to meet the Queen of England. And the President said it was wonderful and a big privilege. I can’t remember what else they said. But then Paul had some coins adding up to R10 in his pocket. Mommy had given him that money to go to the tuck shop because the President was very late and Paul did not bring sandwiches. Paul did go to the tuck shop but it was closed. So Paul said to the President, please will you do me a favour. And the President said, SURE. Then Paul gave him the R10 coins and asked him to please give it to a poor child that he knows. And the President promised to do that. Then Paul said MR PRESIDENT I just want to ask you one last favour. And the President asked What is that? Then Paul said I want you to make a plan so that MY WHOLE SCHOOL can go and watch one of the World Cup Soccer Games. And Jacob Zuma agreed.

We know this story because when the President came into the hall he was holding Paul’s hand, and he told everybody, even the Newspaper People, what had happened in that room behind the closed door. So Paul was in the Newspapers and everything.


My Mom said to Paul, “What about your Family? We also wanted to go to a World Cup Game!” And Paul said … Aw sorry Mom … I will ask him next time.

Paul was in many newspapers, even overseas ones ... but if you want to see just three, you can check these out:

1. SABC NEWS



http://www.sabcnews.com/portal/site/SABCNews/menuitem.5c4f8fe7ee929f602ea12ea1674daeb9/?vgnextoid=be43badeffc19210VgnVCM10000077d4ea9bRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&channelPath=home

2. HIGHBEAM RESEARCH


http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-228494916.html

3. WAKE UP SOUTH AFRICA


http://www.wakeupsa.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=69790

As soon as Mom and Paul and Dominique got home the thing that I was going to tell her was if she could take me to the shop to buy new slippers. I never got slippers when everybody else got them, because they never had my size. But she didn’t take me because she was too tired after the whole President story. She never got to meet the President herself. She only took pictures. But Paul was sad afterwards that she did not get to shake the President’s hand. And Mom said … Paul it was your time and not mine. It was not for me to meet the President.  God answered YOUR prayers, not mine and it was in YOUR destiny not mine. All there was for me to do was sit there with a heart, swollen with pride and so much joy, my son.

And then my Mom told Paul that she has changed her mind about our President.  She never liked him before.  But she said, only a good man will hear God's voice and honour the wish of a little boy.  Do you know that he had a meeting with Banki Moon in the morning, then Paul, and then he had to meet Bafana Bafana after Paul.  But he didn't say 'I'm too busy, let's cut the kid out.'  I think he is the best President in the world now.

But then I said to my Mom, One day or maybe when school starts, I will phone the President and ask him if me, my school AND my family can go and watch ALL the games. (I don’t go to the same school as Paul). Paul goes to Frances Vorwerg which is a Special Needs School. I go to Aloe Ridge which is a normal school.

All of us wanted to see the President too. And some of us wanted to go and see Nelson Mandela. And I said to them … we will have our chance one day when God is ready for us.

Mommy, Pippa and Tommy are making Fish and Chips because England is playing.  I hope England wins because my Dad is English.  Before the match, though, I am running off to Southgate with Mom to buy those slippers.  YIPPEEE!

Bye Friends, see you next week.

Yep ... I wonder what news we will have then?  Don't forget we need followers!   SEEYA!

4 comments:

  1. Hi guys! You probably do not remember me, but my name is Lauren and I live in America. I came to TLC in 2005 (I think it was?) but was just there a few weeks. I remember you guys and still like to read the myfamily website to see what is happening at TLC. You are doing a great job with your blog! If you want to see mine, it is www.laurensbaby.blogspot.com I would have loved to adopt from TLC but it isn't possible, so I adopted a little girl from Guatemala. She turned 3 on May 27. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got those slippers at last Kay! And your barn sounds amazing! Can I please come and watch the final in it!? LOL! Hopefully it will will be England against South Africa! That way we will all be excited! But i promise to want South Africa to win more!

    Paul was very lucky to meet The Presient wasn't he! If you could meet one famous person who would you want to meet?

    Thanks for this latest blog, it's great! Keep it up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He actually met the president no way that is so cool
    I am voting for south africa in the world cup boo mexico lol have a nice time in the barn sounds great
    natalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. you Jarvis kids all hold a special place in my big Canadian heart <3 Thank you for all the wonderful stories... I share them with everyone and am so blessed to see how God is leading you all into good things. hugs to you all! Especially tell Benjamin that I am coming in August for a whole month; I think he was the saddest when I went home! I can hardly wait to see you all :)
    Susan van Dijk

    ReplyDelete