Slobberdogblog

Slobberdogblog
Our Hero Slobberdog!

Friday, October 1, 2010

KUDU AND HERITAGE DAY

Hello everybody on the blog. (I always say that … I’m sorry).  I seem to make habits quickly.  We have not written to you for a very long time.

Today was the happiest day ever. My friend, David, came to our house and he was so glad to see me and I got a big hug as soon as he walked in the door. I told him ‘Were you upset when I ditched you?’ And he said ‘No!  Of course not.  I would have ditched myself if I had a chance to go to a Game Reserve!  LOL’ And a big smile came on my face. Next time I must always listen to my Mom because she knows what’s right and she knew he was going to have a great time, and wouldn't miss me or be upset with me one bit. So everybody will you please all clap while my Mom takes a bow ... LOL LOL.

I am so sad that we have to go back to school on Monday. I am angry about the strike because if they had not striked our holiday would have been 2 weeks. Now it is one week shorter because they striked. My Mom is VERY happy because we are going back to school, though. LOL  Right now in my head I think she is jumping up and down for joy.  She keeps saying, "I'm not getting a stitch of work done with all your shenanigans!"

Hi Becky ... Okay, Jesse and Kieran  ... yes, this is us together (Because we are cowards and we are both too scared to tell you so we want to say it together) We wanted to ask you if Zoë could take us to the mall with the money to buy the shoes. We are embarrassed to ask you this because it seems very rude. But you DID say that we should choose, so we are choosing, but we hope it’s not very rude.  It's just that God hasn't blessed us with patience ... (OR shoes! LOL)

On the 14th of October it’s my Mom’s birthday. I am so happy for her ... but on the 16th of October it might be her party. She has not decided to have a party yet.  She doubts she will.  She says we need too much money for other stuff.  But we are going to our friend Harriet’s house, even if she has a party or not. I’m very sad for what I am doing, but when I get back home I will have a present in my hand for the best Mom in the world.  Well, I really want to stay with my Mom too.  But Harriet's house is SO LOVELY!  WHAAA ... don't know what to do!

Hello Ceri. I hear that you are coming back on the 6th of October. I am going to be very excited to see you. My brother and I are jumping for joy. My brother wants to say one more time … THANKS FOR THE SPIDER MAN!  I want to say THANKS FOR THE JUSTIN BIEBER T-SHIRT. I cannot wait to see you.

This movie I like is coming to cinemas soon. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It sounds very scary and exciting. I have seen the adverts and it looks so cool. I am hoping that my Mom will take me one of these days.

Hello blogreaders,

Don’t you worry about home-school. Thank you for all your comments about home-school. I think you are right. It is going to be great. And Becky I can’t wait until you come. Because you will be there when I am in home-school (I think). That is just going to be so fun.  So fun.  My Mom says 'so fun' is bad English.  But if it is bad English, why is everybody saying it?  She couldn't answer that question.  Does anybody out there know?

Brendon is doing well. He had some of his stitches taken out on Wednesday and the doctor says he is looking great. He still has to take some more stitches out next week.

I prayed for that baby that got eaten by the rats. Our wonderful friends, Papa Ron and Aunty Lynn were very sad when they heard the story about the rats. So when it was their day off, they went to Baragwaneth to find that baby. And guess what … THEY DID FIND HIM. And it was a miracle because they did not know his real name. But they found him anyway. And his hand is healing so well. There are just two little fingers that are still sore. But all his fingers are on his hand - he hasn't lost any - and he will probably have some scars but they say he is looking quite well.  Isn't it cool to pray and then you wait a while and then you see God answered your prayer.  It's like the coolest thing.  I love God.  He is SO cool!  And Mom's right.  God loves babies.  I wonder why that is?

Plus … last night I sat on my mother’s bed and I read ALL the comments. ALL 14 comments. It was tiring but I did it!  That was so awesome that so many of you made comments. And a lot of you are TEACHING. Becoming teachers. Plus I needed to talk to Emma:

Emma, I remember you came with me to Swaziland, didn't you?  Are you that same Emma?  It was such a great time. I just want to say that you were the best and we had a lovely time, didn’t we? And thank you for giving me courage and I know that I will do my best and be so good in home-school.

I just realized I forgot to tell you about Kudu. It was so fun. (bad English ~ sorry Mom)  We swam in the rock pool. I was very scared … because I don’t like swimming where there are fish. It really scares me. People think that is funny and my brother is even laughing right now, but you know what? My MOM doesn’t like swimming with fish either, too much.  She says she's always scared they might suck her toes!  LOL

Here is a picture of Thabang jumping into the rock pool.
Thabang jumping into the rock pool

At the bottom of the water there was slime. Eeew. It looks so disgusting. When I got out of the water, I was screaming for my Mom! LOL. Romy (that is Fiona’s big daughter) and her friends were all laughing at me.


Thabang swimming in the rock pool

Something made my heart sad. Poachers went into Kudu (although I did not see it, Fiona just told me about it) and they chopped off the rhinos’ horns. Even the baby one. It was very sad to see them without any horns. It would be like seeing those criminals without their noses. Imagine!  That would make me delighted and it will teach them a lesson about how the rhinos feel.

All of us kids were in the landrover and we saw these giraffes. This mommy giraffe wouldn’t let the baby giraffe have milk. So the baby went to its daddy to stand by him and the daddy almost kicked that baby giraffe’s head. Fiona was angry to see that.

Fiona was on a bike ride. And when she came back she fell down and hit her elbow on a rock and scraped open her hand and her arm and elbow. We were very shocked to see that. After that we could not go to the swimming pool because she hurt her arm and hand badly.  Poor Fiona.  I love Fiona.  She's the kindest lady in the universe.  Even though she calls us all 'Little shits!'  She really does!!  LOL LOL  And she also calls us 'RATS'.  Mom says ... 'Oh don't worry about that.  It's her good heart that counts!'  And that's true.  We all love Fiona.  Every single one of us loves her.  She is like a member of the family.

When her arm was better she let me DRIVE THE LANDROVER!!! I was so happy, I was going crazy. I drove into the bushes. I almost crashed into a tree! LOL!  Erin was laughing his head off.  He was laughing till he was lame. It was one of the best experiences of my entire life.

Thabang and Carlton were jogging while we were in the Landrover. I was hanging on the step of the Landrover and tried to get Thabang’s hand onto the step and I never saw this tree. It scratched the top of the inside of my arm. I was screaming and told Romy to drive home fast because it was hurting so much.  I thought I was dying, but you know me, I ALWAYS think I'm dying.  That's why they call me 'Drama Queen' around here!  LOL

We saw buffalos in the game reserve. It was so cool to see them up close. We even took pictures of them.  One day I will have my own camera.  I couldn't take my own pictures and I really wanted to because Mom would have been so happy to see the pictures.  But she said, 'Not to worry Jesse, one day I will go with Fiona myself and then I will see everything for myself.'

Afterwards we saw a mommy warthog and a baby cross the road. It was so cute.

We were driving in the night and we went to this waterfall. Wow! It was beautiful. So ~ so beautiful!  It was so white and amazing. We wanted to swim in it. But we really came there to watch the sunset go down. It was so amazing. The sun was pink and orange as it was going down. Romy and the others told me to do the waka waka dance. I was too shy to do it! LOL I just wiggled my bum a little bit. LOL. I was very shy of Romy’s friends. Not Romy because I know her for years already.

So, there was Heritage Day. We were SO excited. We got everything cleaned up and so nice and NOBODY CAME! Nobody except DAVID. It was so rude, embarrassing and disappointing because every single year a whole bunch of people come and we have a great time. But not this year. We had the jumping castles and slides to ourselves. Oh, yes, some of Tommy’s friends did come.

We did have a great braai. Pippa braai-ed the meat and it was delicious. She was as red as a lobster in the sun. But she was smiling all the time and was so good. The little kids were all playing under the willow tree. I was a little bit tired so I ended up sleeping on my Mom’s bed for some of the day. That never happened to me before that I have been sleeping so early these days. Even sometimes in the morning I sleep. I once slept until supper time. People had to wake me up to go and get my medicine.

I forgot to tell you something. In Cape Town there were these machines that you put money in and there’s a claw that you can move when you press a button. So there was one like that in Cape Town and it had watches with money inside. So I put the R2 in there and I pressed the button but it didn’t work. Not at all. Not even a tiny movement. So they cheated us. And I was a little bit sad, because once at the zoo there was another one like that and it had sweets inside, so then I said to the lady at the zoo ‘[Does this work?’ and she said ‘Yes’ and I said ‘Are you sure?’ and she said ‘Yes’. So I put the money in and I tried to work it. And I said ‘It’s not working’ and then she said, ‘No, because it doesn’t work.’ So then I said to her ‘But you just said it works.’ And she said this to me … ‘I know, but I was joking.’ So as soon as I walked away there was this lock on the machine and she opened it with the key and she took my money. I went and told Pippa. And Pippa said … ‘Yep! People cheat.  Get over it!'

Well, I think that will be enough for today.  Sorry there aren't a lot of pictures.  My Mom's camera was lost for the whole weekend.  And she only found it on Monday.

Mom has been working very hard on her own blog.  It's finished.  I read it yesterday and I think its beautiful.  She will probably post it up soon, but I think she's nervous. 

Yeah I know why she's nervous.  Its because she knows that nobody will read hers, because they prefer ours!  LOL!  ONLY JOKING.  ONLY JOKING.

Sis Jesse.  That's ugly!

I was only joking man!  Mom can take a joke.

Okay everybody, we'll be going now.  See you next week!
Oh, and don't forget to drop a couple of cents in Slobber's PAYPAL box!  LOL
Okay bye everyone.  See you soon.  I love you.
Kieran.

5 comments:

  1. you boys are nasty sweet... that means that though you pretend to be bad sometimes, that I really know your heart and there are squishy good things falling out all over... thanks for all your love for your family ! that rocks!
    hugs and lots of love... miss you all
    that was a very handsome swimming picture of Thabang...also, I am so pleased that the baby is healing from the rat bites. Glad you had such a fine heritage day. Shoshi said, that even though few came, that it was still lovely and Jedaiah also had fun with the fiber obtics fellow that he fixed electrical things with. I think he was from Holland... only that they fried a few screwdrivers and tools trying to fix stuff for you all. Hug my little babies for me and take some for you all too.
    love always... from Canada
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    Thank you for the update on the baby from the squatter camp. My class asked me yesterday if the baby was ok. I'll pass on the news on Monday.
    I also asked them about home school like I said I would. They understood so well that you were anxious about your friends but they said they would always go and visit if one of our class has to leave. And I never realised but one of my class was homeschooled until 2 years ago and another has a sister who is homeschooled because she is unwell. He said it is so good for his sister. So I owe you some thanks for giving me the chance to find out more about my children :-)
    As for 'fun' being bad English, I think it depends on how you use it and how often. It is good to try and use different vocabulary too! I'm looking forward to your mum's blog. I'm sure going back to school won't be that bad.
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Boys, another great episode - what an adventure at the safari park.I think that the people who didn't come to your Heritage Day celebrations were the ones who missed out while you all had a great time with your super family and the ones who did come, eh? No wonder Pippa was smiling so much.You keep resting when you need to K so that you have energy to do fun things at Home School time-I'm sure it wil be Great. And J maybe you can post a photo of you doing the waka waka dance - if someone you know well takes the photo you won't be shy so we can see what a fine dancer you are. Isn't it so sad that people feel that they need to cheat other people;maybe their life is so hard that their hearts turn hard too and they only see themselves...we feel so cross and upst when we get cheated but maybe we can say a quick prayer for those people that their hearts can soften and they can see the needs of others too. By the way,do tell Mom to post her blog soon-I am really looking forward to it and I know that I'll just LOVE it as much as I do yours.Soon I'll spending all day reading blogs and will forget to do other things!!! Love and God Bless Aunty Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gorgeous boys. Of course you may go to the mall with Zoe and choose!! We will send over the money into your Mum's bank account so you can get them. Remember, you don't ever need to be scared to tell me something! Especially if I already said it was ok!! I can't wait to be back out there with you, only 12 weeks left til I am there!! I miss you all so, so much and think about you all every day. As for "so fun", I think it would be better English to say "so much fun", but don't worry about it, we all know what you mean : ) Please tell everyone I say hi and send all my love and cuddles - give your Mum a huge squeezy cuddle from me.
    Loads and loads and loads of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys,
    Thanks once again for all the news! It's great to hear what you "little shits" are getting up to :) Jesse I'm missing your cuddles in the morning. Kieran, I read a book about some kids being home schooled in Botswana, boy what an adventure they had, catching snakes and all sorts of insects to keep and study!! I'll pray that you really enjoy yourself, look at it as an opportunity to learn some really cool stuff :) Glad to hear you are all keeping well, give your mum a huge hug for me please, tell her adopted son is missing her! Love you guys, Dan x

    ReplyDelete