Slobberdogblog

Slobberdogblog
Our Hero Slobberdog!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

SLOBBERPRINCE


Dear Blogfollowers,


I’m sorry about everything. About not doing the blog for a while. My Mom was a little bit busy but now we have a nice day to write to you guys.

It's Christmas 2010!

Today I want to talk about a vision of mine. It’s about this movie called Pilgrim’s Progress.  It’s a movie that my Mom and I bought a while ago about a man named Christian who has a burden on his back. So his family did not believe him about anything and every time he was walking on the road fire just came past him. It was a little weird when I watched it. But then afterwards I found the book in my Oupa's collection down at Postinia and I read it slowly.  Then I was thinking and thinking about it and then I began to understand it and now I realise it was a very nice movie.


So this black guy came by and tells Christian to leave his family and go the Celestial City. The place where Christian was staying was called The City of Destruction. So then Christian ran but his wife was telling him to stop and to come back but that man told him not to look back.

So then his two friends, Able and Pliable told him to stop and he said, ‘Come with me and let’s go to the Celestial City.’ But Able thought that he was just crazy. Pliable said ‘maybe he’s right and maybe there is a city with God.’ So then Able told Pliable and Christian that they are crazy so Able went home.

... I need to think a bit ... I will give you the next instalment after Jesse.

Hello everybody on the Blog.

Sorry we haven’t written to you guys in a very long time. My Mom was away for a while and then she came back and was very busy. Also it was the end of year and so we were busy at school getting the year finished with prize giving and stuff. And I got my Class Leader’s Certificate!  Awesome!

About 3 weeks ago I went to go and see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was so cool! There’s this snake in the movie called Ningini. That snake was very scary. I shook half of my popcorn into the air! Brrrr! I cannot wait until Part 2 comes in July. But will my Mom take me?

Two weeks ago I went with the volunteers to the Laundry and I scared this volunteer because she was scared of Slobberdog. So I was walking and I made her scream because she didn’t want me to leave her. So I ran back and Slobberdog almost attacked me!! My Mom was walking by and she thought it was funny! She said ... ‘Go away Slobberdog!’ She thought he was just playing with me. But I was not so sure.


Then Pliable said, ‘Come let us run so that we can get there faster.’ So they were running and they slipped into the Slough of Despond. So then because Christian’s burden on his back was too heavy and he could not get out but Pliable got out and Christian was saying ‘Pliable, will you help me?’ Pliable just looked back and said ‘No!’ and went home.

I think it was about three days that Christian had to stay in that pond because of his burden and his sin. So then a man named ... um I think his name was “Help", threw a rope in the Slough of Despond and told Christian to grab on the rope. So Help pulled him out and asked him ‘Where are you going?’ Christian said ‘To the Celestial City.’

The Slough of Despond

So then Christian forgot the way and the man said ‘Follow the right road and always stay on that road. So when Christian was walking he met this man and he said ‘Where are you going?’ and the man said ‘I am going to the Celestial City.’ And Christian said aren’t you supposed to go the right way, and the man said I will make my way through a short cut.

So then Christian just left him and kept on the right way. And then two other men came and said ‘Where are you going?’ and they said, ‘We are going to the Celestial City’ and the two men said ‘Why don’t you come with us. And then Christian said ‘Isn’t this the way?’ and they said, ‘No, we know a short cut.’ So then the other man said, ‘Let’s split up.’ So they all splat up. And then two of the other men went different ways got attacked by Satan.

Jesse is getting impatient ... so I will give him a chance:

Thank you very much Becky for the money for the shoes! We really appreciate it. Becky Baby, you ROCK! Y-e-a-h!!!


Lizzy please can you send me the Harry Potter autographs (or maybe just copies) because I am a very big fan and even now I am reading Harry Potter all day long and when my mother asks me to make her a cup of tea it take a bit longer because I have to read-and-make-tea at the same time, because I can’t bear to put my book down. I am actually reading The Chamber of Secrets. But I would love to get the Deathly Hallows, (the book) but I don’t have it yet. Maybe I will get it for Christmas.  Love you lots Lizzy.



Okay, I want to tell you about Narnia. It already came to the movies and it is so cool but even though I haven’t seen it yet. I would like to go and see it with Matthew and them today, but I can’t because THEO won’t let me go. THEO has some favourites, but I am not one of them.  The Movie is called Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader. (The third movie)

Voyage of the Dawn Treader
I can’t wait till you come, Becky. I am so excited that you are coming back. I need to give you a hug! I love you so much! Even my Mom does! She always says, “That’s a special girl and-a-half!” We love you like the ocean.

.... So as soon as Christian was walking he saw this church and went inside there and saw people shouting and there was this man tied up in the room. I can’t remember what his name was, but he was guilty of something. That’s what the people thought. But he was actually a good man. So they took this man outside and the security guards put Christian in chains and he was in the church. And they ran outside to see what was going on so then this angel came and took the chains off Christian and Christian ran outside but he was hiding and they put grass by this other man’s feet and put fire there on the grass and it was burning until it got to him and he said to Christian ‘I will see you in the Celestial City.’



So then another man was Christian’s friend and told Christian to come and the other man went on the journey with Christian.

So, I am getting a little tired now. I will do more on my next blog.

But I still want to tell you about leaving school and about home school.

I was so happy that I was leaving Aloe Ridge. The very last day was like the best day of all my Aloe Ridge days, for me. That school was not so good for me because I am not so playful. I am quiet and like to read and Tsepo always screams in class and hurts my ears and my head. So, sometimes I hide under my table and just read something quietly. But some of the kids were very sad that I was leaving. I actually was just a little sad. Some of the Grade 7’s were also leaving.  Crispin was one of them.  He is going to High School next year.

I just want to tell you one last thing and then I am going to say goodbye till next time. I think maybe this blog is a little bit boring because I can’t remember all the fun stuff that happened for such a long time.


It’s about Slobberdog. He is not sleeping outside anymore. He sleeps in Mommy’s room and is very happy there. Well, sometimes she trips over him when she goes to the bathroom in the night ... and then they are bad friends in the morning. But still, he is a happy dog. When she got home from her holiday she immediately got an old cot mattress and put it in her room.  She covered it with a very old, soft blanket and a sheet and she said ... “No more sleeping outside for my Slobberprince!” LOL! SLOBBERPRINCE!!! LOL! LOL! THAT’s really what she said! She said she missed everybody so much, but mostly she missed her Slobberprince. And she felt so bad that she made him sleep outside without a kennel because that was no way to treat a Slobberprince.

SLOBBERPRINCE SLEEPING IN MOM'S ROOM
Well, Slobberprince is so happy now. He walks around, just smiling and smiling all day long. It is good that he is sleeping inside now, because every night we have a humungous thunderstorm. It’s lovely and warm and sunny in the day time and then at about 6 in the evening the clouds meet together and the wind starts howling and blows up a terrible storm with thunder and lightning and very big raindrops. But at least it’s okay to have a storm at night. Then in the morning everything is fresh and clean and beautiful again. And warm; but not too hot. My Mom thinks that Johannesburg has the best weather in the whole wide world. Not too hot, and not too cold.  Even better than Ramsgate. I think I agree with her.



Eikenhof Shell Garage Flooded
Except then for this last week it really poured.  My sister, Faith, got very sick in the night and Mom had to take her to hospital.  When they got out on the road it was like a raging river Mom said.  By the time she got down to the Lawn Farm she got very scared because the car was far under water.  Later on in the day visitors told us that the water by the tar road was a meter deep.  That was when Mom got very glad that she turned around and went the other way.  She's very scared of water on the road.

The next day everything was flooded and the whole of Jo'burg and especially Soweto was flooded.  I will show you a picture of the Shell Garage on the main road.  Mom took that picture yesterday, but it was much, much worse than that at first.  And also the Lido Hotel got flooded.  But God was good to us.  We didn't get flooded, only one of our pipes has burst and poor Pippa has been trying all day for fix it because now we don't have water.  It just seems that every Christmas we don't have water!
The other night we had a very big storm, quite early like at about 6 o’clock. And it blew everything around the garden. It broke a big branch off our willow tree and quite a few off the oak trees.


Oh, and I have to tell you, we had a miracle. When Rhys bought the little veld chickens for his vegetable garden project the man told him that there was only one female and about 6 males and so Rhys put that one female and one male in a cage next to Barney Lodge where he was staying. (He doesn’t stay at TLC anymore. He stays in a cottage at Joanna’s house now to look after her so that she stays safe.) But anyway, those chickens were laying eggs and that was fine and then one day these little chicks popped out and that was cool.

In the other cage were lots of male chickens. Then one day Thabang came running in yelling for Mom. “Mom! Mom! The male chickens have laid eggs!” Mom said “Never! that’s not possible. They must be females.” When Rhys came to TLC in the morning Thabang was holding the handful of tiny eggs and showed Rhys and Rhys said. “Oh, ya! I’ve heard that some of these veld chickens are like that. The males can lay eggs.” Mom looked amazed and her mouth was hanging open. Rhys laughed loud and said “It’s true, Ma!” Mom said, “Rhys, the world is crazy enough. Let’s not make it that males start laying eggs as well!” LOL! Rhys laughed his head off, but he still insisted. But he said they would never make chickens, they could just lay these eggs.

E-Mail Chickens
So we ate those eggs. They were yummy! But it was a mission to get into the cage so after a while we stopped eating them because in any case they are so small they don’t fill your tummy as good as proper eggs do. Then a few days later Benjamin came running into the house and said ... “Mom! Mom! Come and have a look! The male eggs have made chickens!” Mom rolled her eyeballs and said ... "The male chickens must have turned into females somewhere along the line." And Benjamin looked and Mom, amazed and said. ‘Turned into e-mails, what are you talking about?’ LOL! LOL!

Okay, so I am going up to the house now ... we are doing this at Postinia, because everybody’s home on holiday and it’s too noisy in the house. Mom says she can’t hear herself think! LOL!

So bye bye everybody. I’m off! WHOO HOOO!

Next year is going to be so cool because I am going to be on my own and I am going to be able to work quietly and to read and to do quiet stuff that is best for the person that I am. I will still work hard but I will not get pushed and bumped and too hot or too cold anymore so I will feel better in my body. I am so grateful I don’t have to go to school anymore.

Mom and Pippa are getting computer stuff for me so that I can learn and stay clever. Some of the kids at school think I am going to become dumb when I am not at school anymore. But I know that’s not true. And Mom says that I am very clever she says I am like Hawkings ... well, not that bad, not at all. But he is trapped in a body that can’t do anything like normal people, but his brain is brilliant. And my brain will be brilliant too, because I won’t have to worry about all those rough kids knocking me down and stuff.

Okay friends, I am so glad we can do the blog again.  I think we lost a lot of good stories, but if I remember them, I will put them in the new blogs.

I love you so much,  and a big hug to you all.  God bless you and keep you all safe till next time.

Kieran.

5 comments:

  1. Hi boys just read & enjoyed & enjoyed your blog. Keiran I just loved reading Pilgrims Progress. I have never seen the film, so I google it & see where I can get it. Jesse I visited the place where they filmed Harry Potter. if you go into my facebook profile you will see the pics. You have had rain, well we have had snow, snow, & more snow!! If yoy would like to see what that was like I have pics on facebook. Every time I read your blog I just want to get on the next plane just to give you bigs hugs, you are fab boys!!!

    love again from very cold snowy Scotland

    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi boya enjoyed your blog again, Keiran I just loved reading Pilgrims Progress many years ago. I have never seen the film, so I must google it to see where I can get it. Jesse I visited the place where Harry Potter was filmed,if you go to facebook & on my profile you will see the pics. You gat rain we got snow, snow & more snow again look at my pics & you will see what it is like. Once again boys when I read your blog I just want to get on the next flight out, & give you both a big hug!!

    love from a very snowy, very cold Scotland

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I am so glad you posted this blog today! I am having a bit of a sad day today - everything seemed to go wrong. And then I got home from work and saw you guys had posted this and it made me laugh and smile so much! I love you guys so, so much and am looking forward to my cuddles when I get out there!! But you know, it was my sister Hannah too that bought you the shoes. We sent half the money each so she rocks too, hey!!
    Kieran I think you are gunna be smart as smart can be wherever you do your learning. I would love to help you with your work if you need me to when I am back out with you guys.
    I can't believe this time next week is Christmas, and then just a couple of days later I get to see you guys. What an awesome time of year this is!!!

    Loads and loads of love, hugs and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dear dear boys... you always make my days so cheery to get a blog from you... wonderful all you have to tell only I think that next time you see your dear Pippa down in that hole and mud fixing water lines, some very strong and able boys should offer to take over for her ... and Slobberdog can be the supervisor!
    I love you all so much and still smile at all your stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your e-mail chicks are growing big! I hear that Benjamin is also home schooling with you Kieren! I think that is fabulous... so wish I was there to read and do some math with you all...when the time to eats some home grown chickens... we could have a science dissection class :)

    ReplyDelete